The Home Buying Process
1) Meet with a Real Estate Leader
- Discuss the type of home you are looking for, including style, price, and location.
* The Buyers Advantage - As the home buyer, your agent's fee is paid by the seller of the home in almost all circumstances. This means your representation costs you nothing!
2) Get Pre-Approved
- You evil need pay stubs, W2's and bank statements. Knowing what you can afford is critical to a successful home shopping experience.
3) Search for Homes
- The FUN PART! Your agent will schedule showings and help you find the perfect home.
* Advanced Search - Not all real estate websites are the same. Your real estate leader has tools and systems to ensure you see every available home that meets your criteria.
4) Make an Offer
- You Agent will prepare the offer based on the price and items you choose.
5) Negotiation and Contract
- It may take a few tries to get it just right, but hang in there. You're on your way.
* The Contract - In most cases the contract provides you with a timeline to obtain financing, as well as time to inspect the physical condition of the home. Your real estate leader will inform you of all your rights and responsibilities related to the
6) Under Contract
- You and the seller have agreed to the price and terms. The home is effectively held for you until closing.
7) Final Details
Perform due diligence. order the appraisal. conduct an inspection, and review terms with the lender.
* Preparing for Closing - You will be finalizing your loan, reviewing documents, and discussing the findings from the inspection. You agent will be managing this entire process for you.
- This is the transfer of funds and ownership. A title company (or an attorney) typically acts a 3rd party to facilitate the closing.
CONGRATS 🎉 You are a NEW HOMEOWNER!